Input Mask

• 19 years ago

Is there a way to create an input mask for alpha numeric values in VB to be displayed on an Access form?
    I cannot use the input mask function iin Access cos it does not support  multiple lengths and characters.
    Also is there a way to create an auto (TAB) function in VB /Access?

• 19 years ago

Well if you're working in VB, you have to do it manually.  Set the Text to what you want the input mask to be, and then use KeyDown Functions to control what goes in and what is displayed.  Here are properties that you will need:  .SelStart and .SelLength.  I have not created a custom input mask, mostly because I don't feel like bothering myself with it.  =]  As for the auto TAB, just use the Text_Change() Sub and if the length of the field is the length you want it, do SendKeys({TAB}).  Or even better, when the length is what you want, just set focus to the next field.  i.e. Text2.SetFocus.  Good Luck.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The trouble with programmers is that you can never tell what a programmer is doing until it's too late.” - Seymour Cray