starting program at startup

• 19 years ago

i know most people on this forum are now thinking god hes thick but im not talking about when windows starts up im talking about once ive formatted my computer how can i get it to install onto my blank hard drive

• 19 years ago

I'm not sure if I understand your question, but if you are talking about starting your computer so that you have access to a blank hard drive, you need to format a floppy with the system commands.  Example: Format a: /s

Boot your computer off the floppy and go from there.

John

• 19 years ago

yea thats what i want to do but i dont want to have to use the floppy every time so i need to install the files of the floopy and onto the the blank hard drive

thanks for your help so far

• 19 years ago

OK, it sounds like you are trying to install your operating system.  You are going to have to partition and format your new hard drive.  I am assuming that you will be using Windows 98.  To avoid gobbling up all of Jame's hard drive space, I recommend you go to this site:
    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q221/8/29.ASP

It walks you through a complete installation.  Hope this helps - John

• 19 years ago

no no no.... i already know how to instal an opperating system and by the way im on ME  we will just say that ive made my own opperating system how would i install it

• 19 years ago

*shudder ME is scaaaaaary.  Use Win2K.  And by the way, if you made your own OS, shouldn't it just copy raw onto the C drive and your OS will communicate directly with the processor?  Unless you're talking about something else, I don't know what you could mean by creating your own OS.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out how to use my telephone” - Bjarne Stroustrup