How to list installed Components

• 16 years ago
    Hi all, I was wondering how to list installed components on a computer.

When in the Visual Studio IDE and you click on Projects -> Components it lists all compenents you can use in your project (e.g. installed on that machine). Same goes for Projects -> References, this is what i want to list (or at leas some of).

I have a project that has quite a few references and want an easy way to tell if a target computer meets these requirements.

I do include them in the setup file but the Hosing company wants to know what will be added/required (e.g diff between what i reference & what is on their system)

I know you can use SET MyObject = GetObject("Object.Class") and check for a error etc , I would like to know how the VB IDE does this as its fast & gives file locations, Versions & Names etc (Registry??)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Engineers are all basically high-functioning autistics who have no idea how normal people do stuff.” - Cory Doctorow