Dates

vb6 Finland
  • 13 years ago

I am trying to make date booking limts for my booking system. How can I create an validation which allows an booking to be made a week in advance but not more than two months in advance. The date format I use is dd/mm/yyyy.

Thanks

• 13 years ago
    dear friend,

insert a datepicker control and name it as ord_date in from to get the date and
                    in from_activate() event write the following coding

ord_date.mindate=date-7

now you can enter the date before 7 dsays from the current date.
                                and not possible to enter the other date that excedes the 7 days before

regards
              s.saravanaprabhu

• 13 years ago

I couldn't get it to work. Is my code wrong?

Private Sub date_activate()
    Forms!Date.mindate = Date - 7
    End Sub

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.” - Brian Kernighan