System Error &H8007007E. The specifed module could not be found.

vb6 Lebanon
  • 14 years ago

Hi,

Thanking your assistance in advance.

Please Note that I have developed an application using VB6 Enterprise (SP5), on a Windows XP platform and worked right in this environment.

But when tried to run it over a windows 2000 environment the following message has appeared "System Error &H8007007E. The specified module could not be found." also I believe I have copied the needed libraries.

Appreciate your help if any have an idea about the reason and solution of this error, where I have enclosed the code generating the problem and marked the line on which it is breaking.

Dim db As Connection
        Dim WithEvents RsRead As Recordset

Private Sub Form_Load()

Set db = New Connection
        db.CursorLocation = adUseClient
        db.Open "PROVIDER=MSDataShape;Data PROVIDER=MSDASQL;dsn=Manual;uid=;pwd=;"

Set RsRead = New Recordset

RsRead.Open "SHAPE {select * from HeaderView order by ID} AS ParentCMD APPEND ({select * from ResultView } AS ChildCMD RELATE SampleID TO SampleID) AS ChildCMD", db, adOpenStatic, adLockOptimistic

Dim FText As TextBox

For Each FText In Me.txtData

Set FText.DataSource = RsRead '(I think the error is generated here)

Next

Set Me.MSHFlexGrid1.DataSource = RsRead("ChildCMD").UnderlyingValue

End Sub

Thanking your assistance in advance.

• 14 years ago
    Hi Kassem and welcome to the forums.

This error has to do with a corrupt or missing OCX file(Active X error).  The problem is... which?  I did a quick search and found this patch.  If that does not work, I found another howto which the relevant parts are pasted below for you.

Install CCleaner if you don't already have it. Click on the issues tab in the left pane and run an Issues Scan. Toggle off all errors that refer to Active X conflicts and repair them.. Do this 3 times, reboot an you are back to normal.

This may sound sorta silly, but if you ever had this error show up and you can't get anywhere after d/l'ing and Regserv32 a load of .ocx files, you will appreciate this.

Best of luck!

• 14 years ago

Hi,

10x alot for your time and help, in fact the problem was solved by installing the SP5 of VB6 on each of the computers that I shall install my application on., but it your way may worth to be tried.

Regards,

• 14 years ago
    I'm assuming that in installing the Service Pack overwrote the missing or corrupt OCX file.  And if you were correct about where your code was failing, it would be a file associated with database connection/reading which would be updated in the service pack.  Glad it was an easy solution.  That error can be a pain if you can't isolate what is causing it. 

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“There's no test like production” - Anon