Visual Basic Object properties...

• 14 years ago

Hi.  I am new to VB.  I noticed that the items in the property pane for a chosen object (picked from the tool pane) is different from the properties for the same object in the code windows.  Why is that?

Allow me to clarify.  When you are writing the code, once a key word for the object is recognized, a pull-down list for that object appears.  The programmer simply has to scroll down to the desire property then hit the space bar to include that property in the code.  However, the properties in these pull-down menu is different that those appeared in the property pane (window) when you add that object to the form.  Why?

And speaking of object properties, where can I find a list of properties for any and all of the objects, and their definition/usage?

Thank you for your help.

• 14 years ago
    They display different items because the Property Window only display properties, while the list of keywords that appear in the Code Windows, display both the properties and methods...

For the list of object properties, I'm sure MSDN could help you:
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx

Smiley Face [:)]

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: premature optimization is the root of all evil.” - Donald Knuth