sysinfo_devicearrival of IO Warrior chip

• 13 years ago

Hi, I am new to this forum.

I would like to know if anyone out there has used a USB IO Warrior chip, and if so if they have managed to event detect the chip when it is plugged into the PC.

I had written this application,

Private Sub SysInfo1_DeviceArrival(ByVal DeviceType As Long, ByVal DeviceID As Long, ByVal DeviceName As String, ByVal DeviceData As Long)

' Initialize everything
        ' Open device
        iowHandles(0) = IowKitOpenDevice()
        ' Fail if can't open
        If iowHandles(0) = 0 Then
            ' Barf and exit from program
            lblConnected.Caption = "Control unit disconnected"
         Else
            lblConnected.Caption = "Control unit connected"
         End If

End Sub

but it does not seem to work, but if for example I plugged in a USB memory stick then it does work, the event gets triggered.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

• 13 years ago

hi im new too..

i wrote a similar procedure to kill a suspected file in a pendrive as soon as it is plugged it worked but te event was not so sucessful when i connected different devices(all storage devices ) and so i concluded that this was not an effective way

and am still searching for a solution.

i'll let you know if i find something

and if you like i;ll send the project see if it can be optimised..

• 13 years ago

Thanks

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes.” - E. W. Dijkstra