To use VB as a middleware

vb6 Thailand
  • 12 years ago

I am trying to use VB6 as a middleware between two 3rd party applications.

"App. A" ----> VB6 ------> "App B"

i am having no trouble sending data from VB to the "App B".

But i am having some trouble in reading data from "App A".

I am using a select query to get the recordset of a table in App A in VB. now i am displaying that recodset in a datagrid.

i added a timer which would keep a count on the number of records in the recordset or datgrid and when there is an increment, the last row in the datagrid is inserted into the App B ( provided the datagrid does not display the records alphabetically). This is for the new record addition part.

But how to check which record in the datagrid or recordset has been modified ??

Suppose a record is modified in App A, then the recordset display in the datagrid will change...so how to know which record/row has its data changed? So that i can pick up that row data and insert/overwrite the already available record in App B.

Can anbody help?

Thanks...

with Regards,

Sumit Sinha

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.” - Brian Kernighan