Make setup vb6 + sql 2000

vb6 , sql server 2000 , crystal report Kuwait
  • 12 years ago
    Hi . I developed a program in vb6 and database sql 2000. I created setup exe file CD by using " setup factory software " Now where i want to use this software first i install sql server 2000, import my database then i install my vb6 programm which i created by using setup factory software. It is too much lengthy to bring in work. how can i make one CD setup exe file of my vb6 + sql server 2000 database. So as i install programe automatically they install in exact place ? I have this program also in Microsoft Access. It is only one setup file. As i install it start to work. But sql server 2000 i have to bring do many lengthy work. Can some one guide please. Thanks.
  • 12 years ago
    Hi, You can use the other methods mentioned in the Visual Studio 2005 or the Equivalent IDE of Microsoft used by you . Follow this simple procedure...... 1 Go to the folder where your project is being saved. 2. Then find folder named as Bin->Debug->then the exe of your project. Then add / install your db and give the proper name of the running server in the case of sql server 2000 or give the correct path in the case of MS Acess . This is one of the simplest method ..................if it didn't work then tell me. Hope it will work.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“There are only 3 numbers of interest to a computer scientist: 1, 0 and infinity”