Make setup vb6 + sql 2000

vb6 , sql server 2000 , crystal report Kuwait
  • 10 years ago
    Hi . I developed a program in vb6 and database sql 2000. I created setup exe file CD by using " setup factory software " Now where i want to use this software first i install sql server 2000, import my database then i install my vb6 programm which i created by using setup factory software. It is too much lengthy to bring in work. how can i make one CD setup exe file of my vb6 + sql server 2000 database. So as i install programe automatically they install in exact place ? I have this program also in Microsoft Access. It is only one setup file. As i install it start to work. But sql server 2000 i have to bring do many lengthy work. Can some one guide please. Thanks.
  • 9 years ago
    Hi, You can use the other methods mentioned in the Visual Studio 2005 or the Equivalent IDE of Microsoft used by you . Follow this simple procedure...... 1 Go to the folder where your project is being saved. 2. Then find folder named as Bin->Debug->then the exe of your project. Then add / install your db and give the proper name of the running server in the case of sql server 2000 or give the correct path in the case of MS Acess . This is one of the simplest method ..................if it didn't work then tell me. Hope it will work.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.” - Brian Kernighan