CONVERT VISUAL BASIC 6.3 TO VB.NET

visual basic editior , visual basic , tcpip San Francisco, United States
  • 11 years ago

Hi,

i am using the visual basic(6.3) editor from micrsoft excel 2003, now i have a device that i need to send commands to via the tcp/ip, i don't know how to do this, i can talkk to the unit when i use hyperterminal but when i try to do it with visual basic it does not work, i think you need vb.net, but the thing is i was able to communicate with another deivice via this same visual basic but the onlu difference is the unit had a GPIB cable, i loaded a dll and two bas files from national instruments and i was able to talk to the unit. when i try to add the winsock.dll or the wsock32.dll i get a error message saying "can't add a reference to the specified file"

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“There are 10 types of people in the world, those who can read binary, and those who can't.”