Merge PDF files

• 15 years ago

I want a code in VB Where on a click of button i want to merge pdf files in a folder, and save it in a another folder
    I have a folder in which I have more than 1 pdf file
    I want to merge those all pdf files into 1 pdf file

• 15 years ago

I don't know hoow to do it with acrobat distiller/writer but there is amyuni driver to create pdf's and merge pdf files.

• 15 years ago

do u know how to use it in VB

• 15 years ago

if u all have not understood my requirement, i will tell u once again
    I have more than one report that are saved in a folder in PDF format
    I just want to merge this all PDF files into single file

Regards,
    Satish

• 15 years ago

You can use amyuni driver ($) or PDF creator (GNU) for merging files into a single PDF

Here is part of the help of PDF Creator

Combine Documents

Combining documents is a very useful feature that allows you to take two separate documents and convert them into one PDF. Combining documents is as easy as printing two documents.

1. Open the documents you wish to combine.

2. Print the first document as you would on a standard printer.

3. When the print dialog appears, change the printer from your default printer to the PDFCreator printer. If the PDFCreator printer is your default printer, you do not have to change it. Then click OK.

4. Another window will appear asking you to fill in some information to create your PDF. Then click on the Waiting button. The PDFCreator print monitor comes up and the document is in the queue.

5. Go to the second document and print it using the PDFCreator printer.

6. The PDFCreator print monitor now shows both documents you wish to combine in the queue. Select both documents and go the the Document menu and click on Combine. The two documents will become one.

7. Now click on the Documents menu and click Print. PDFCreator will ask for some information and where you want to save it or email it.

8. Your PDF will be created and opened up in your default PDF viewer or opened in your email program.

I know that when unloaded PDF creator cames with some VB code, I never needed to do it by program.

About amyuni I tested it sometime ago and to merge files just change a flag to merge at the moment of printing.

As you can see both use the printing as a mean for merging files.

You just check the names for the files in such directory and open then, to print all in a single file.

• 15 years ago

I got some idea how to do it
    but i geting error

my code is
    Dim AcroExchApp As Object
    Set AcroExchApp = CreateObject("AcroExch.App")

Error is "Runtime error 429 - Activex component cann't create object"

How to solve this error

• 15 years ago

Check this

http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=166156

But remember that in order that such aproach work you must have acrobat type library (It's in distiller or acrobat full version), if not the error is that such object descriptor can't be found.

• 15 years ago

I have found the solution
    And have succesfully implemented it

I any one needed help on it, I will help him out

• 15 years ago

Do you know how to create and merge pdf files in VS .NET?

thanks best regards,

• 15 years ago

I thins code in VB and VB.net will be almost same,
    i will give u some links u just go through it and then u deside
    if anything does not work, then i will give u my VB code,
    u then try to covert it into VB.net

• 15 years ago

Thank you very much, Can you send this information by email: [email protected]

which library are you using to build and merge pdf files?

Best Regards,

• 15 years ago

first and most important thing u need is to install Acrobat writer on ur pc, without which u can not merge pdf file

• 15 years ago
    Hi Satish I have tried evrything' (every software) but none of them gave my anything but headache.

as you have now accomplished making PDF file from VB code. can you please give me the code. I promise to abide by any terms and conditions laid by you.

please reply at [email protected]
  • 15 years ago

I have done PDF merg application
    not making pdf from vb code

• 15 years ago

please send me the solution: [email protected]

• 15 years ago

Could you send me the solution? I have Adobe PDF full version installed.
    Thanks, in advance!

dennis @ moxley . com

• 15 years ago

Would you please kindly share your code directly on this forum? Thank you very much.

• 15 years ago

Hi,

I am developing an application using asp.net. I have a requirement to merge around 150 PDF files into
    1 pdf file. I would appreciate if you post the code in the forum or e-mail me.
    my email is: [email protected]

I appreciate your response.

Thanks,
    Katta

• 15 years ago

It depends on the tool you are using to make pdf files, but the procedure is the same

1-put the files in a directory (special for such files)
    2-in your app you have a filelistbox directed to the directory
    3-open one file
    4-merge the file to the file you need to make
    5-go back to step 3 until all files are merged

For the tools, if you don't have any, check the entire post.

• 15 years ago

HI,
    anyone have the sample code? and, wat is the library need to import and what should I add in the Reference?
    My email is [email protected]

Thanks ...

nicky

• 15 years ago

Thank you very much. Your suggestion help me to solve a problem

Anirban

• 15 years ago

I'm developing a web app using VS.NET. I need to merge some pdf files into one PDF file. I  have PDF writer, and anything else do i need? Could pls someone send me the code to merge PDF files?
    my email: [email protected]
    Thanks

• 14 years ago
    Hi.

This thread may already be old but please post the solution. I have encountered the problem just recently and also need to get this problem over with.. It has already given me a headache for hours.. Please post the solution.. Thank you!

-erik

• 13 years ago

Hi all DEV's,

I am also facing some problem Crying [:'(] in merging two pdf's.

Can any one of u send code for the same in VB/VB.Net @ [email protected] Zip it! [:#]

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out how to use my telephone” - Bjarne Stroustrup