listbox scrollbar

vb6 Malaysia
  • 18 years ago

hi friends , me again,,

is that any other way to have one scroll bar for 3 listbox??

regards,
    bond

• 18 years ago

Hey i think u r reposting the same issue again. why didnt the last ideas work out?

• 18 years ago

its work.. but not very smooth.

i mean when i scroll.. the items in the listbox which have scroll bar will scroll n then its follow by other 2 listbox item.. so we can see the different n not very smoth like normal scrooling.. hope u understand..

• 18 years ago

oh...... sorry i cant think of any other ideas. i think that would be the easiest way to do so. of course that seems to be a crude idea.

i dont think there is any other way of "linking 2 listboxes with a single scroll bar"

• 18 years ago

thanks shilpa..

if any one got idea about this msg me... i need to do in other way or change the concept.. use other controls..

regards,
    bond

• 18 years ago

Hi,

And three columns in the same combo?

You can try with FWAdvancedCombo in FASTlib . You can set this combo control with three or more columns with text, images, ...

• 18 years ago

hi,
    that page was empty..n can not fine anything there..
    regards,
    bond

• 18 years ago

Hi,

Empty??? Please, try in FASTlib -Download- section.

• 18 years ago

ok fine i trying the to download it..

anyway thanks

regards..
    bond

• 15 years ago
    Something else that works well......

Lets assume you've got one "primary" listbox, and want the other two to scroll with the primary

we'll call them list1, list2, and list 3.

add a timer to your form, enabled, with an interval of "1".

Add the following code to the timer control:

list2.TopIndex = list1.TopIndex
    list3.TopIndex = list1.TopIndex

that might help.
    regards,
    JB
  • 11 years ago

u rather than having 2 listboxes neutral and a third with the scrollbar being controlled, you can have 3 listboxes neutral and an actual scrollbar control, then u can get the values for when the scrollbar is moved and change the top indexes accordingly

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out how to use my telephone” - Bjarne Stroustrup